How Porcelain Veneers Can Improve Your Smile
Veneers can correct mild to moderate size, shape, spacing, stains and discoloration problems with your teeth. These problems may be caused by trauma or as a side effect of certain medications.
Common Uses For Porcelain Veneers
- Correct mild or moderate chips and cracks
- Close small gaps and alignment issues—significant spacing and bite problems may require orthodontic treatment
- Change the size or shape of uneven teeth
- Seal a tooth after root canal therapy
- Whiten intrinsic stains and discolorations that can't be removed with professional teeth whitening treatments
How Dental Veneers Work
As their name implies, most veneers are made of a custom designed razor thin layer of porcelain, which is bonded directly onto the surface of your tooth and molded to achieve the desired size and shape. In some cases, a thin layer of enamel may have to be removed to ensure a natural and smooth fit. Porcelain closely matches the color and texture of a natural tooth, making porcelain veneers a highly effective but subtle treatment for the cosmetic imperfections that diminish a smile over time.